Saturday, February 24, 2007

NY Comic Con: Meeting the Stars Part One

During the first day we all got to meet a lot of people, Steve McNiven, Greg Horn, David Mack, Mark Morales, Talent Caldwell, Greg Rucka, and Mark Brooks. The people we would meet on Day 2 would be even more impressive. So impressive the list needs to be broken in two parts. For me the first person I got to meet was J.G. Jones over at Midtown Comics. It was suppose to be a double header with him and Rucka but Mr.Rucka was running a bit late. While waiting for Jones and Rucka I got see Stan Lee and his posse go by. Stan looked great and his posse looked weak and virgin like. After Jones, me and Shane headed up to the Artist Alley where the brushes with fame would just continue.

~ Diddy

While Diddy and Shane were off doing their stuff, I went straight to the Marvel booth to wait in line for Joe Quesada! Found out from the EIC himself that Elektra has some good stuff coming up, awesome! Missed my chance to meet David Finch so I got in line for Mick Foley, where I caught up with Diddy....

~ Ky!e

When me and Shane got up stairs to the artist alley, I stop quickly to get a print from Greg Horn. I picked up a pretty sweet Captain America print. From there we decided to check out the gaming area. To our surprise there were even more people to meet. Or gawk at. Waiting upstairs was Chewbacca, Gary Coleman, The Cheerleader from Heroes, a couple contestants from "Who Wants to be a Super Hero.", a couple cast members from Buffy and a surprise appearance by G4's Blair Butler. I"m gonna let Shane talk about the scene before I talk about the wonderful Blair Butler.

~ Diddy

Well I saw Hayden from Heroes and I kept asking, "how can she be 16?!". Also everyone's Venti coffee's from Starbucks were making me jealous because I can no longer afford them. Gary Coleman was a scary site. This is where the journey of the AA batteries started because they all of a sudden started to die quite quickly. Derek wanted me to take a picture of the beautiful, yet sassy Blair Butler and the red light was on. I had to take out batteries a lot and keep putting them in when I wanted it to turn on. After this is when the epic of the day started which would later lead to the Marvel team despising Shane O Mac forever.

~Shane

While we drooled over Hayden and wondered what the age of consent was in this state, I noticed that Blair Butler from G4 was there filming for Attack of the Show. When she walked by I told her she was doing a good job on G4. She seemed pretty happy to come across a fan. She went on to film a piece for ATOTS. I wanted to be bold and ask for a picture with her when Shane informed me that his batteries had died in his camera. Luckily he had just enough power to get one more shot off. In between doing shots for the show I asked Blair for a pic and she was nice enough to pose with me for a picture. That pic will be on here very very soon. So after that life altering moment, the quest for the AA batteries was about to begin. Our first stop would be Marvel booth where Shane would meet the lovely Virgina.

~Diddy

No comments: